YOU CANNOT BE PREGNANT OR BREAST FEEDING
NO ALCOHOL 24 TO 48 HOURS PRIOR
NO MINORS ALLOWED AT APPOINTMENTS (18+)
COME WITH CLEAN SKIN, NO HEAVY CREAMS OR SUNSCREEN DAY OF
NO WORKING OUT DAY OF
NO CAFFEINE THE DAY OF
NO BLOOD THINNERS INCLUDING PAIN KILLERS
DISCONTINUE USE OF FISH OIL OR VITAMIN E AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR. Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Powder Shakes or Advil/Ibuprofen or other blood thinning medications 7 days before procedure if possible the least amount of time you can wait is 3 days prior to apt. If you are taking stronger blood thinners such as Warfarin or Coumadin you will need the approval from you physician to be off medication for 7 days prior to session. No medication should ever be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
NO BOTOX INJECTIONS 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE IN BROW AREA ONLY
NO DEEP EXFOLIATION 4 WEEKS PRIOR IN BROW AREA (EX. CHEMICAL PEEL). No Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior procedure.
NO RETINOL PRODUCTS, ACNE TREATMENTS OR SALICYLIC ACID 4 WEEKS PRIOR IN BROW AREA. Discontinue these products 4 weeks prior to your permanent makeup service. Retinoids of any kind. This includes Retinoids of any kind Retin-A, Tazorac, Tretinoin, Retinal. These products can cause the pigments to fade prematurely and alter the color. After 30 days once area is healed you may continue using products but not directly on Service area.
NO ANTIBIOTICS 2 MONTHS PRIOR
NO ACCUTANE FOR 1 YEAR
EYEBROW TWEEZING, WAXING OR TINTING MUST BE DONE AT LEAST 48 HOURS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE. Electrolysis must be done no later than five days before. Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least two weeks following permanent cosmetics.
REFRAIN from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), AHA's, products close to the eyebrow area 2-3 weeks prior to and 2-3 weeks after your procedure.
PLEASE NOTE that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
*NOT FOLLOWING THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN FORFEITING YOUR APPOINTMENT AND DEPOSIT
THE RESULTS AND LONGEVITY OF YOUR TATTOO WILL DEPEND GREATLY ON HOW YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR BROWS DURING THE HEALING PROCESS AND BEYOND. EACH CLIENT’S SKIN WILL RESPOND DIFFERENTLY, BOTH IN THE LENGTH OF TIME IT TAKES TO HEAL, AND THE NUMBER OF SESSIONS NEEDED FOR YOUR DESIRED RESULTS AND COLOR RETENTION. THIS INFORMATION ACTS AS A GUIDELINE ONLY, AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR RESULTS.
YOU MAY WANT TO VISIT US ANNUALLY TO KEEP COST OF BROW MAINTENANCE DOWN. WE ACCEPT ANNUAL APPOINTMENTS BETWEEN 12-16 MONTHS FROM ORIGINAL APPOINTMENT AT DISCOUNTED RATE. ANYTHING AFTER THAT IS SUBJECT TO FULL PRICE.
EYEBROW POST PROCEDURE
It is important for you to follow aftercare instructions. Please read carefully!
Post treatment care makes 50% of the total treatment success. Conscientiously adhere to the given advice because if not, you can risk losing up to 80% of the drawn strokes.
At the end of your session, we will provide you with an after care kit that has everything you need for the 7-10 day healing process.
I love a good acronym so here’s one to help you out, just think of: A - M - W which stands for: Absorb, Moisturize, and Wash!
The day of the treatment: Day 1: Absorb - For the first 24 hours, let brows relax and do nothing.
After the procedure, gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every 5 minutes for the full day until the oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymphatic fluids (less scabbing).
Days 1-7 Moisturize & Hydrate
Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area. Never use Polysporin,, Vaseline or any medicated ointment. Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. NEVER put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
Days 7-14: Wash
Wash to remove bacteria, build up of product and oils, and dead skin. (Don't worry, THIS DOES NOT REMOVE THE PIGMENT!)
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap like Dial Soap, Cetaphil, Baby shampoo or Neutrogena. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. Ointment should never be applied over damp skin. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants.
AMW should have you covered, but here are some extra tips to help with a smooth and easy recovery:
- It is normal for the eyebrows to appear very dark or big after procedure. They will fade 20 to 50% and shrink in the first 1 to 3 weeks following. As your eyebrows heal, it is normal for them to appear patchy, scabby or uneven. It is also normal for the area to lighten or to have some areas fade more than others. This will be addressed at your 6 to 8 week touch-up appointment.
- Some minor swelling, redness or itching is normal and to be expected. THIS IS NORMAL. If you should experience swelling, an ice pack may be applied using a thin protective barrier such as a paper towel. Apply ice 10 minutes on 20 minutes off then repeat as needed within the first 24 hours. Icing is most effective in the first 24 hours following procedure. Sleeping with your head slightly elevated can also reduce any residual swelling.
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep preferably a satin pillowcase. Since your procedure is facial i would not use your best pillowcases for the first 7 nights. I recommend you sleep on a satin pillowcase for seven nights. This will minimize the loss of pigmentation caused by rubbing against a cotton, textured pillowcase as you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color. Shedding your outer epidermal skin is normal during the first week or two (3 to 14 days) following treatment. Flaking, scabs falling off is normal old skin is shedding off as new skin cells are regenerating. At the end of 6 weeks, your procedure should be healed
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one to two weeks.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 2 to 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors. You should not apply sunscreen to the treated area while it's healing, so it is very important that you monitor your daily exposure and keep it to a minimum. UV exposure is very bad for tattoo pigments!
- Avoid applying topical exfoliants (Retinoids of any kind, AHA, BHA, glycolic acid, lactic acids, etc.) to the treated area for at least 4 weeks post-treatment.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first 7 to 14 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 7 to 14 days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 7 to 14 days,
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area for 7 to 14 days.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
- One procedure cannot guarantee desired outcome. In some cases, we need to see how our clients' skin works with the pigment and review the healing process after the first procedure. A required touch-up visit is to be scheduled no sooner than 6 weeks and no greater than 8 weeks after your initial procedure. In more complex cases (including removal, colour correction, camouflage, scar tissue, or iron disorders/deficiencies) an extra charge may apply on touch-ups.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results with your microblading/brow procedure. Don’t forget your new favorite acronym: AMW - Absorb, Moisturize, Wash!
Some people heal slower, some heal faster, some scab and peel and some barely flake!
Although very rare, if you believe medical attention is necessary please notify Laura Sutherland and seek immediate medical attention should you experience any of the following symptoms: redness around your eyebrows, drainage or pain that becomes increasingly worse.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet only at the end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
WHAT TO AVOID DURING HEALING PROCESS
No makeup in the brows for 14 days
No Scratching or picking the brows
No long hot showers for 7 to 14 days, limit to 5-8 minutes
No use of acid or manual exfoliants for 4 weeks or on brow area.
No use of any topicals other than healing ointment
No sweating in brows for 7 to 14 days
No swimming or sauna for 7 to 14 days
No UV exposure or tanning for 2 to 4 weeks
No acne products or hydroxy acids for 4 weeks or on brow area
No retinol products or retin A near brows for 4 weeks
No laser light therapy for 4 weeks or on brow area
No facials for 30 days
No threading, waxing or removal products for 14 days
AFTER YOU'VE HEALED
FOR NEW CLIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO SCHEDULE YOUR REQUIRED 6 TO 8 WEEK TOUCH UP FOR THE PERFECTING STAGE. YOU MAY WANT TO VISIT US ANNUALLY TO KEEP COST OF EYEBROW MAINTENANCE DOWN. WE ACCEPT ANNUAL APPOINTMENTS BETWEEN 12-16 MONTHS FROM ORIGINAL APPOINTMENT AT DISCOUNTED RATE. ANYTHING AFTER THAT MAY BE SUBJECT TO FULL PRICE.
REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT. A 72 HOUR CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULE IS REQUIRED OTHERWISE IT WILL BE COUNTED AS YOUR NORMAL TOUCH UP VISIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY FEE WILL BE APPLIED.
Long-Term Care - for all procedures:
- Using a quality sunscreen daily will help prolong the health of your skin! UV light quickly fades tattoo ink and so a daily use sunscreen will help it stay looking fresher, longer.
- Some of our pigments are iron-oxide based, which your body will slowly absorb as mineral irons. This means the colour will fade over time. You will likely need a touch-up every 1-3 years. The speed of fading is dependant on your skin type and daily habits.
- Avoid applying Retin A®, Renova®, Retinol, Alpha Hydroxy or Glycolic Acid products directly to the tattooed area after they are healed. These products can lighten the tattoo.
- Do not do laser near your brow area. Some lasers may change the color of ink.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI or other medical procedure, please inform your provider that you have an iron-oxide cosmetic tattoo.
Please call for ANY questions or concerns. 425-210-2439